Getting started with CVS
I got an e-mail that asked me how to get started with CVS as quick as possible. The first time i got lost too. So i’ll give a quick summary how i did it (no p-server).
The repository will live on a debian machine in /home/users/timvw/services/cvs.
timvw@debian: apt-get install cvs # get the tools timvw@debian: cvs -d /home/users/timvw/services/cvs init # create repository
- Fill in the path to the SSH binary (tools tab).
- Create a directory that will hold the code (i choose pecl as name).
- Create a module (Choose the directory you created and click right).
- Fill in the settings.
- Hit Ok to initialise the module.
- Create a README file and add it to the module.
- Add a comment message
- Commit the changes
- Update your files (Other people have commited their changes).
- Read The Fine Manual at http://cvsbook.red-bean.com/cvsbook.html