Today i decided to try out the new OpenOffice.org release. Creating a presentation with Impress went pretty smooth. After that i wanted to check out Base with a MySQL backend but i got an error message that the JDBC driver could not be loaded.
I immediately knew that i had to add the MySQL driver to the classpath. A little websearch learned me i have to choose Tools->Options in the menu. And from there i can modify the classpath via the OpenOffice.org->Java panel.
After that everything went smooth 🙂 There are so many sites talking about the new release and all the new features but none of them seem to have experienced this. It makes me wonder if they have really tried it out..